SUBMISSIONS The Eurasia Studies Society Journal accepts submissions for academic articles by
- postgraduate students, PhD candidates, researchers, journalists and academics.
- We particularly encourage submissions for articles addressing topics pertaining to the five republics of the former Soviet Union, the ‘Stans’, and the Caucasus.
- Articles of 1,000 to 8,000 words are welcome.
- Book, film and music reviews of 300 to 1,250 words are welcome.
To submit your article, please send a short abstract, including word length, author and title to the editors at email@example.com, who will then determine whether to proceed.
- Please note that we can only accept well-written and well-edited articles that conform to our reference-citation style and due to cost we cannot edit submissions (although they will be quickly proof read in addition to peer review).
- If necessary, we encourage you to get your article edited before you submit a final draft. Please contact the editors for more information.
The historiography, politics and cultural studies we cover is comprehensive:
- intellectual, religious, cultural, economic, social, political
- arts, architecture, music, sport, leisure, media and film
- gender, feminism and masculinities; young people
- anthropology, sociology,
- philosophy, and ideologies
- ancient, medieval, modern history
- Soviet, post-Soviet; socialist and post-socialist transition
- citizenship, identity and the ‘Other’
- ethnicity, nationalism, tribalism
- genocide, criminality,
- mafia networks, state corruption
- migration, globalisation, discrimination and integration
- environment, rural living and ecological sustainability
- working classes, urbanisation, unemployment and class
Please read: Copyright policy With acceptance of publication in The Eurasia Studies Society Journal by the author, the author gives the necessary copyright permission for it to be published online at The Eurasia Studies Society Journal in perpetuity. No other copyright permission will be assumed from the author. If the author wishes to submit the same article to other publishers they are free to do so, as long The Eurasia Studies Society Journal retains the right to continue hosting the article online at The Eurasia Studies Society Journal. In summary, the author continues to retain all copyright of the article, apart from agreeing that it will appear on The Eurasia Studies Society Journal.